Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Peace Baby

On this day in 1940 Winston Churchill was the first to use the finger 'V' sign for victory. Since then it has morfed into the peace sign. Do you have true peace? Have you shared with your children what true peace is and how to have it? For me peace comes in KNOWING God is on my side, has my life organized for good, and will provide what I need when I need it. When I don't understand, that's ok. It is a need to know situation. The more us people know the more we screw things up. Trust that God deserves to be the Lord of your life and the peace that surpasses all understanding will settle into your very being. It will bring you internal rest. I promise. Help your children practice trust. Look for everyday opportunities to trust God to help them handle what they cannot control. Offer up a prayer of surrender and gratitude with them when they face a fear or unknown. Help them to debrief the outcomes after. Trust is a spiritual muscle. You have to use it for it to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment