Sunday, December 27, 2009

Parenting: The Greatest Adventure

Greetings to you all,

I am thankful that things have calmed down a bit so I can get back to spending time with you, our parents. You have the most wonderful challenging job in the world. I have enjoyed every minute of being a parent. It was what I wanted to be when I grew up. Of course, there have been those moments when I wished I had a magic wand. Trials and troubles come with the wonderful memories and countless hours of laughter and enjoyment. I have had police at my door, cell phones in the toilet, keys lost at the bottom of toy boxes, fist fights between siblings in my living room, countless morning battles to get the kids to church and school, last minute notice of school projects, lies, disrespect, angry outbursts, extreme emotional fallout from the divorce, poverty, words said in haste and anger that you wish you could take back, rejection from extended family, and much more.

Looking back I can see God's divine providence in even the hardest of experiences. All I ever wanted was a loving, Christ-centered marriage and children that grew to love and depend completely on God. I have not gotten all I have prayed for as of yet. I continue to pray in faith that the answer is 'wait' and not 'no'. However, God is the orchestrator of all good. I cannot see all the good that He plans with His perfect timing. I hold to John 6:44. "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him." I have two of my 4 children who have not embraced a relationship with God. My heart aches for them to know Him.

I share this with you in hopes that you know I understand what challenges you face. There is much I have been through that is written in silence between the lines. A lifetime of issues, emotions, and trials that qualify me to at least understand what you are going through. I really do believe we are all here to help one another. If any of you need someone to talk with, I am here. As a family of God, we are called to come along side one another. I praise God that so many of you have close Christian friends that you can turn to when you need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen. If you don't have someone or for whatever reason want to keep your problems private, I am able to be that outlet for you. No matter who you turn too, don't go through your challenges alone. There is always someone who cares and wants to help.

May God bless you all through the hardest, greatest, best adventure you'll ever be on, Parenting.


In His Service,

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment